CWSRC Swim Team Code of Conduct
The Cameron Wood Swim Team prides itself on the excellent conduct and sportsmanship of our swimmers, parents and spectators. Positive support and encouragement for the team, coaches and meet officials is critical and expected. The purpose of the Greater Charlotte Swim League and the Cameron Wood Swim Team is to encourage all children to swim in a friendly, nurturing, recreational environment. Our goal is to provide an atmosphere in which your child will become excited about swimming, feel successful, and have fun!
Please read this code of conduct and discuss it with your swimmers:
The coaching staff, league reps, and committee members will promote:
- Sportsmanship: handshakes and congratulations to our competition win or lose
- Team Spirit: team cheers, posters, and support for every swimmer.
- We will instill in our swimmers the importance of a commitment to the team, as evidenced by participation in practices, as well as at meets.
- Swim meets are for the swimmers’ enjoyment. Being part of a team should be a fun learning experience for all involved. We must not lose sight of the fact that our children will follow our example, and, therefore, we should act accordingly. We are all representatives of the Cameron Wood Sharks.
- The swim team committee is run entirely by volunteers. Please show your respect and support for these volunteers at all times, and offer to assist them when you can. Parents who are signed up for a volunteer slot should ensure they meet the commitment expected for that position, including arriving on time and staying until the role is completed.
- Our team actively supports all meet officials. They are sometimes faced with difficult decisions, which may be unpopular with one or both teams. If need be, any questions or concerns will be raised to the official by the head coach or league representative only. We expect that any and all decisions made by the volunteer official will be respected. In the unfortunate event that actions by a swimmer or spectator are deemed inappropriate occur expulsion from the meet will result. Alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs are banned from all Cameron Wood Swim Meets.
Cameron Wood Sharks Code of Conduct:
- To develop a strong, clean, healthy body, mind and soul
- To develop a strong desire for exemplary sportsmanship and conduct
- To develop an understanding of and respect for others and the rules
- To develop courage in defeat, modesty in victory
- To develop control over emotions, speech, and actions
- To develop a spirit of cooperation and team play