The Cameron Wood Sharks compete in the Greater Charlotte Swim League.
The goal of the GCSL is to provide summer swimming competition for children in a friendly, nurturing environment. Member teams are placed into divisions each season based on their competitive level. Teams will compete in 5 to 7 dual-team meets a summer, as well as a division ALL-STAR meet at the conclusion of the season. The league is recreational in nature, with a guiding principal of "Let the Kids Swim."
- Competition is fairly matched each season among 7 divisions.
- Each division has between 6 to 8 teams.
- Regular season meets are scheduled on Monday and Thursday evenings as well as Saturday mornings.
- All teams are located in the southern Charlotte area.
What this means for Cameron Wood:
- Schedule regularity.
- Shorter meets - swimming against teams our size.
- Maximum of 2 to 3 away meets per season, with a maximum travel distance of 20-30 minutes.